Friday, January 13, 2012

Leyao Garden

My grandparents passed away a couple of years ago and I haven't had the chance to pay my respect yet. Since this is a family trip, I had to make the two hour trip outside of Shanghai to visit them.

Their resting place is called Leyao (乐遥) Garden. It is a peaceful place far from the big city chaos. The tombs are very close to each other, each barely occuping an 10 square feet space.








Chinese normally visit their ancestors on Qingming Or Tomb Sweeping Day in April. This time of the year, the garden is deserted and abnormally quiet for China. There was no one around other than a couple of village kids and elderly.




Mom and I took our time paying respect. I was really grateful for all the happy childhood memories my grandparents gave me.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Shanghai, China

No comments:

Post a Comment